I heard you like links, so I posted some.
- “Political identity is fair game for hatred”: how Republicans and Democrats discriminate — Tracing our evolution, as a culture, from one of more or less mutual respect and unity to partisan acrimony.
- GOP preparing for contested convention — I would take this with a big grain of salt, but could spell big trouble for Republicans if true.
- Patriotic bald eagle attacks Donald Trump, makes GIFs great again — This is completely petty but I don’t care. There is something unspeakably beautiful and poetic about a bald eagle attacking Trump.
- Trump sets his own campaign on fire: the Donald’s increasingly insane behavior is all part of a strategy — Another one I wouldn’t really take at face value. More of an amusing conspiracy theory than anything.
- A Fox commentator just called Obama a vulgar name. And got suspended for it. — A rather surprising move from Fox News, especially considering how (relatively) tame the comments were.
- Lots of atheists, more Muslims, fewer Christians and Jews: this is the new America — This is from 2013 but still an interesting look at how American demographics have changed.
- Paris climate change negotiators need more time — A good resource if you want to get up to speed on the climate change conference happening in Paris right now.
Science and Technology
- We don’t need a thinner iPhone — Apple’s planned elimination of the 3.5mm headphone jack in future iPhones seems to be driven by a desire to make iPhones even thinner. But why?
- An Ordered Universe — My friend Olivia runs this blog and speaks on many topics, from fandom to work-life balance to religious freedom.
Views All Time
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.